Would you like to help us Spread Culture & Good Music?



DUTCHMASSIVE%20%7C%20THE%20HOBBYSHOP%20HERO
Quantcast

April 8, 2009

MAC BOOK DISASTER PT II (FOLLOW UP)


WORDS FROM THE HERO

MAC BOOK DISASTER FOLLOW UP (see previous post for background story)
After leaving the mac store the 1st time, I was instructed to do An Archive & Install when I got home. So, I did everything EXACTLY how I was supposed to do it but when disc 1 finished installing, it makes you restart the computer... by doing so I wasnt able to get to disc 2, because when it restart, It was stuck on the Blue screen.... I left it there for 13 hours....because everywhere I've read said it can take anywhere from 5 minutes to 8 hours (sounds pretty fishy to me).

I then proceeded to call APPLE CARE because now at this point, I have wiped my operating system, and I have no way to access my hard drive, apple care told me if I took it in to the Brandon mall, they would replace the logic board under warranty if they could prove the damage wasnt caused by me. Long story short, the guys at the genius bar were the biggest #$#%*)#@)*%) I have ever crossed paths w/ they immediately before we spoke aproached me all puffed up like they wanted to punch me in the face. They pretty much said my computer was a piece of crap and destroyed....they said the screen was out of line, the frame was bent...... I have no ideaaa what they are talkin about.... my computer looks like any other macbook thats been in use for a year non-stop.... its not beat up at all, just has a few slight burn marks (cosmetic) would have no effect on the performance.......


Not only would they not replace the logic board under warranty. they wouldnt even trouble shoot it or help me w/ the issue of it not starting up.... they kept saying if they were to touch it, they would have to replace the logic board, button case, screen,.....

I left wanting to (REMOVED TO AVOID SELF INCRIMINATION)
I got home and my final hope was to Install Os X on the External harddrive, tho I had to use my brothers, because mine has alot of my older music on it that I cant loose!

Same thing as the archive & install, After Disc 1 it fails.......

So I am at A loss..... I had everything on there...all my bookmarks, research, music, samples, graphic design....man....

Oh well, time to start a new chapter.

Sorry for the lack of content during this crisis.

If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to hit me up.... I've tried pretty much everything but im all ears...

peace.


HEY YOU! LOOK! CLICK ON THAT "OLDER POSTS" LINK ABOVE! ^

HEY YOU! LOOK! CLICK ON THAT "OLDER POSTS" LINK ABOVE!  ^
WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF RESEARCHING | REMODELING "THE HOBBYSHOP HERO" HEADQUARTERS. HOLD TIGHT! - HsH