Would you like to help us Spread Culture & Good Music?



DUTCHMASSIVE%20%7C%20THE%20HOBBYSHOP%20HERO
Quantcast

April 5, 2009

MAC BOOK CRASH CRISIS (GREY/BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH)

WORDS FROM THE HERO

While Unzipping Multiple Plug-ins (AU/Audio Units & VST's) to use in Logic Pro
My Computer Froze. At this time I was operating w/ only 4 Gigs left available.
I held down the power button to do a Manual restart and it would never go past the
Default Grey screen that has the apple logo (like when your 1st turn on your I-pod)I searched the internet for hours (on someone else's computer) tried multiple fixes,and then scheduled A appointment w/ the genius bar @t the Apple Store at the International Mall (Tampa Bay, FLORIDA) - Today (4/04/09) after hours of more attempts I took the mac book to the store, and because I am A week out out of warranty, I was given directions on a printed piece of paper and told to try my best when I got home. I did everything to the T. I was directed....... and no progress


The Computer holds all my albums, beats, Samples, Plug-ins, Bookmarks, etc..... Im sure everyone who has gone thru a similar crisis knows how it feels to have years of work in jeopardy or lost. I do have some of my major things backed up such as beats, and masters for albums.

But everything new, all the beats made in logic, all the sample editing, plug-ins, anyone who edits samples and fills up A 128 slot keyboard w/ hand picked out sounds for each key and does this multiple times a week knows that I feel like the past 4 months of my life were in vain.............

During this situation there might be a delay in posts, feel free to backtrack (especially if new to the site) as there has been alot of amazing content since the sites birth.

Sorry for the bad news, I know this doesnt count as A post you would be excited to check but as usual, I wear my heart on my sleeve and try to interact as much as possible w/ everyone.

Pe@ce for now.

My faith in Apple has been Damaged severely........ I have another appointment at the Genius bar in a hour..... will update w/ progress or lack of


To be continured....




HEY YOU! LOOK! CLICK ON THAT "OLDER POSTS" LINK ABOVE! ^

HEY YOU! LOOK! CLICK ON THAT "OLDER POSTS" LINK ABOVE!  ^
WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF RESEARCHING | REMODELING "THE HOBBYSHOP HERO" HEADQUARTERS. HOLD TIGHT! - HsH