Would you like to help us Spread Culture & Good Music?



DUTCHMASSIVE%20%7C%20THE%20HOBBYSHOP%20HERO
Quantcast

March 12, 2009

NINTENDO CONTROLLER COFFEE TABLE - by KYLE DOWNES

WORDS FROM THE HERO

We (meaning Bloggers in general) come across A Dumbcrazy Amount of great material all day , err day (haha) but it is rare that (I) come across something so dope that I put over 24 hours of research & follow up interest into something stumbled upon randomly. KYLE DOWNES just blew my mind, and made me giddie like A little japanese school boy who just won A rare Manga in A Dance Dance Revolution (Crazy Legs / Zulu Nation B-boy Edition) Match.

Kyle has managed to impress all grown geeks & Retro Tastemakers Alike with his Tribute to the Original NES consol controller. (which feels sooo funny in your hand after playing hours of MEGAMAN 9 on XBOX360) - I could literally go on and on about what he has done, but I would run out of space on Blogger and would have to register my own domain and pay for bandwidth (which has to happen eventually anyway) so I will just let his pictures, and websites do the talking for me.

Kyle didnt Win THE HOBBYSHOP HERO (8-BIT HERO AWARD) just because of his amazing Woodwork, tho if that is all I found I wouldnt be any less excited. Mr. Downes is also the creative Genious behind A Video Reel I saw A few weeks/months ago about the Evolution/history of Video Games. At the time, I couldnt find who did the video but now after going to his website/portfolio the puzzle pieces fit into place and I found my man.

I posted A Video kollage of his work and I think you guys will really enjoy it. I know I do!
It is people like this I would love to have in my corner to help bring my vissions to reality. Its a little hard Multi-tasking Every Aspect of the Music process and then be able to master the Visual Creative Aspects as well. At least for my standards =)

Links, Contact Info & A short list of Skills are below if anyone is interested in calling upon this young mans Superb Talents.

Enjoy.

HsH
_____________________________________________

Kyle Downes Showreel 2008 from Kyle Downes on Vimeo.
_____________________________________________


Kyle Downes

  • Autodesk Maya, Adobe After Effects, Apples Shake, Flash and Actionscript, Adobe Premiere, Final Cut, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, MS Paint.
Name: Kyle Downes
Email: khdownes@hotmail.com
Phone: 0400 360 279


Here are all the previous posts KYLE posted with all the progress shots as he was making it:

NES coffee table
NES coffee table update 1: Bevelling the edges.
NES coffee table update 2: Making the buttons.
NES coffee table update 3: Making the D-pad.
NES coffee table update 4: Mounting the buttons.
NES coffee table update 5: Painting.
NES coffee table update 6: Wiring and final construction.



IN CLOSING
KYLE ended up making alot of noise w/ this project of his, it mades its way all over the interweb and inspired minds and hearts all over, as corney as that may sound it is a reality that is all to true, I know 1st hand cus it inspired the heck out of me.
I will end this post with
A link to one of people who was so inspired by KYLE'S NES controller he created A GIANT SUPER NES CONTROLLER

INTRODUCING
Matt from http://scadinc.blogspot.com/ who has (apparantly just finished) making a giant SNES pad.

Pe@ce

DUTCHMASSIVE, THE HOBBYSHOP HERO
HsH

HEY YOU! LOOK! CLICK ON THAT "OLDER POSTS" LINK ABOVE! ^

HEY YOU! LOOK! CLICK ON THAT "OLDER POSTS" LINK ABOVE!  ^
WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF RESEARCHING | REMODELING "THE HOBBYSHOP HERO" HEADQUARTERS. HOLD TIGHT! - HsH