Would you like to help us Spread Culture & Good Music?



DUTCHMASSIVE%20%7C%20THE%20HOBBYSHOP%20HERO
Quantcast

February 13, 2009

L. McComber Achitects - Ideal Bedroom/Loft designs

RESPECT THE ARCHITECT!

Lachine Canal Loft


Photos by Steve Montpetit - www.stevemontpetit.com
Visit the L. McComber website - here

L. McComber Architects provided a design solution for the owners of this 700 square foot loft in Montreal, Canada on the Lachine Canal (Lachine translates to “The China” in English). They needed to create a room for a newborn baby, but the issue w/ A lot of homes in desirable area's tends to be A lack of space. So, they suspended A platform bed made of curved douglas fir plywood and supported it w/ tubular steel. Now, I dont intend on having A child for quite some time but I definitely can take A Valuable Design Memory from this post. One thing about The Hobbyshop HERO is I've always been into Design, Art , etc. My grandfather & Uncle were/are both architects / Engineers, so in highschool I took Drafting Classes, that was the same year I would Release my 1st 12" (i.e. single world wide on Vinyl) w/ my group EQUILIBRIUM[Celph Titled, Majik Most & myself, Dutchmassive]

http://www.tampahiphop.com/images/labels/thumbs/equilibrium-fahrenheit.jpg

The single was "Fahrenheit 813" b/w "Critical Conditions" (feat. The Boogiemonsters) & "Windows 98" and from that point on my path in life greatly shifted from drafting and design to Hiphop, Hiphop & Hiphop FullTime. I would always keep my love for design and arch thru-out the years, The Relationship I was in for the most of my music career was one that kept me Constantly Inspired, We both had a extreme passion for music and Art and guess what? Design and Architect/furniture as well, So always going to Obscure/modern furniture stores and admiring designs was a great thing. I always had Ideas of how I wanted my studio to look, and my bedroom and I always wanted to have a Room Dedicated to my (HOBBYSHOP HERO-TYPE-ISH) Action Figures, Robots, Japanimation etc....

It wasnt until my last and most Recent Relationship that the missing piece was put in place. Once again I found someone who shared a Love for Music, Art, Etc and She Also had good taste and A desire for Unique Designs and such, but she got me watching...HGTV (hahaha) I know, I know. (the Home & Garden Network!?!?) but hey, Besides Music and Art, I love Nature and Design, I just never Thought about doing it myself, So now with All the Experiences and Inspirations I have had up until now have been Great for me and it that reason, I Post things like this. Now, Ive Spent 90% of my Life living in apartments so the Reality is I couldnt pull this type of design off if I even wanted to at the moment. but when the time is Right. you better Believe you will be seeing A DUTCHMASSIVE | THE HOBBYSHOP HERO edtion of MTV CRIBS.....well Maybe not, Maybe (RappersIknow-Cribs) hahahahaha

aiight. Peace.

HsH

Visit the L. McComber website - here.

Lachine Canal Loft

Lachine Canal Loft

Lachine Canal Loft

Lachine Canal Loft wood

Lachine Canal Loft

Lachine Canal Loft


HEY YOU! LOOK! CLICK ON THAT "OLDER POSTS" LINK ABOVE! ^

HEY YOU! LOOK! CLICK ON THAT "OLDER POSTS" LINK ABOVE!  ^
WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF RESEARCHING | REMODELING "THE HOBBYSHOP HERO" HEADQUARTERS. HOLD TIGHT! - HsH