Would you like to help us Spread Culture & Good Music?



DUTCHMASSIVE%20%7C%20THE%20HOBBYSHOP%20HERO
Quantcast

November 24, 2008

[VIBES and Stuff] NOV 08 Selection | NEW HSH SEGMENT!

Vibes and stuff November '08 Selection

Click Here To Listen

[click here to subscribe on iTunes]

"More new music for you, hope you like. please folks, if you like what you hear, TELL SOMEONE!!! I do this only because I love music and want to share it with ya'll, so why not help me spread that love? hasta la proxima..."


-andrew

Tracklist:

Bastien Keb - Smith Rhythmical Strut

School Of Seven Bells - Iamundernodisguise

Black Milk - Give The Drummer Sum

Mike Slott - Deux Three f/ Muhsinah

King Midas Sound - One Ting (Dabrye Remix)

American Men - Ammn Sys M1

The Invisible - Monster's Waltz (Micachu Remix)

Gang Gang Dance - House Jam

Palmstruck - Spoiled By Sampha (Sampha Remix)

Hudson Mohawke - Star Crackout

Little Dragon - Fortune

Zetroc - Numbered Waste

____________________________________


Words from the HERO


Peace, I have been meaning to do this for a few months now and I figured why put off for tomorrow what can be done today. (but 1st A little back story)


When I was growing up. My portal to hiphop was "RAP CITY" after School, YO MTV RAPS for those 2 hours a week at the latest time possible, and also A Local Public Radio Station WMNF 88.5 which was hosted by Kenny K (R.I.P.) and then right when I began listening A new voice by the name of MAD LYNX (who later became the host of BET)... Back in the early, mid nineties, Id get mix tapes from Tony Touch, WHO kid, etc....when they were dope... I also had an Advantage most didn't, and that was I could record audio from the TV... this was back when the technology wasn't meant for what I used it for. but it made me quite popular because I always had the newest songs on Tapes as soon as the videos would drop.


Year's Later I moved on to Collecting Vinyl, Trading and Collaborating with Majik Most, Mr Reference & The Man In Black... The Pause Tape Mixes ran out of Control.... (I'm in the process of unpacking my new home, I will post A Continuation post with pictures explaining the amount of mixes made over the years) So FAN, turned Emcee, Turned Emcee & Producer, Turned ONE MAN ARMY! hahahaha.... Turned Super Dork!!! hehe


The Reason I even mentioned any of that is because of this very special post. The world is in A very Digital state right now..... 2008 has been the year alot of people have finally embraced and accepted that Technology is going to keep upgrading and advancing forcing everything and everyone to try to keep up. Well just when I thought my beloved mixtapes were being replaced by digital downloads...just when I thought the Radio was being taken over by the same 10 songs on repeat, and just as I thought all videos would be replaced by reality tv shows......


A new ERA is upon us....... and it is a wonderful thing. For anyone who thinks hiphop or music in general isnt at an all time Classic stage right now.... They just dont have a Clue where to turn to.... and that is why I am going to do my best to bring the Lake with the fishes in it, to the fishermen/women......


by that I mean, There are sooooo many dope websites, Radioshows, Blogs, Podcasts etc...and not everyone has the time nor the desire as I do to hunt them down...So from now on. When my favorite, Radioshow/mixtape/podcast's are updated I am going to post it up here with links to each Individual site that is being featured... Also A good thing would be to "Trust our Taste" and spend ample time visiting my friends in the links section. they truely are the best of the best.


A Few names you might wanna lookout for updates on: MONDAY JAZZ, tRUExRadio MHZ, VIBESandSTUFF, MonoTape, AFROMENTALS/OPERATION HOTCOMBS, ANYTHING HOUSESHOES PODCASTS, LAIDBACK, DROP, DUBLAB, BTSRADIO.NET, ETC.....


There are Literally countless sites that host some of the dopest mixes from the most talented producers, Dj's, etc........


I will Start this Segment off with my most downloaded and listened to PODCAST, VIBESandSTUFF, The episode I have posted I have yet to peep, but I assure you it will be Amazing. I Truely hope that by doing this, the word will spread and the sites featured will gain all the loyal ears they deserve.


Peace & Enjoy.

DUTCH HERO THE HOBBYSHOP MASSIVE....OR uhh something like that.

HEY YOU! LOOK! CLICK ON THAT "OLDER POSTS" LINK ABOVE! ^

HEY YOU! LOOK! CLICK ON THAT "OLDER POSTS" LINK ABOVE!  ^
WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF RESEARCHING | REMODELING "THE HOBBYSHOP HERO" HEADQUARTERS. HOLD TIGHT! - HsH