1. Buff1 - What Does Hipster Mean? (exclusive)
3. Jessica Tonder and Proton - The Bee Rmx
4. Mickey Factz - Light
5. 6th Sense & Wildabeast (Both Nice) - Arcade Fly
6. Sir-Mix-A-Lot - Posses on Broadway
7. Black Moon - How Many MC's (Cool Kids G-Fix)
8. Eazy E (NWA) - Boyz in the Hood
9. Beastie Boys - Paul Revere
10. Black Milk - Stupid
11. Masta Ace - Born To Roll
12. Rahsaan - Sneaker Store Terrorist
13. Pacific Division - Taste
14. O.C. - Time's Up G-Fix
15. Cool Kids - Dreams
16. Cepia - Ithaca
17. J Dilla ft. Ayah - Like This G-Fix (exclusive)
18. Heralds of Change (Hudson mohawke & Mike Slott)- Work That
19. C.R.A.C. (Ta'Raach & Blu) - Love Don't
20. The Grouch ft. MURS - The Bay to LA
21. N.E.R.D. ft. Kanye West & Pusha T - Everyone Nose (Remix)
22. Devin The Dude - I-HI
23. Outkast - Spread
24. J*Davey - Mr. Mister
25. DJ Assault - Let Me Bang G-Fix
26. Kid Cudi ft. Pitbull - Day N Nite Rmx
27. Born With It ft. B.o.B - Stack My Paper Up
28. Hollyweerd - Weerdo
29. Kenna - Say Goodbye To Love G-Fix
30. Common ft. Pharrell - Universal Mind Control
31. Cybotron - Clear (Interlude)
32. J Dilla - Trucks
33. August Darnell - Friendly Children (Todd Terje Edit)
34. Mickey Factz - Up High
35. Santogold - L.E.S Artistes
36. Yelle - Les Femmes
37. Ghostface Killah - Cherchez La Ghost (DJ Illo Rmx)
38. Prince - When Doves Cry (A Ghost In Detroit Mix)
39. Cool Breeze - Cre-A-Tine G-Fix
40. John Legend ft. Andre 3000 - Green Light
41. Drake - City Is Mine
42. Now On - Unwind
44. Buff1 - For You (M Phazes Remix)
WORDS FROM THE HERO....
WTF is a Hipster?!? Neo-Soul?!? BackPacker?!? Commercial?!? Battle-Rapper?!?!
Music defined by the sound? The Lyrics, Beat?... or is it music defined by the style or brand of clothes you wear? Is it a Lifestyle.... From my understanding, Mickey Factz coined the Hipster phrase or at least made it spread more.
But the thing is, and I will make this perfectly Clear. I DONT CARE. PERIOD.
I would never Enjoy a persons music based on they're so called "Swagger" and I would never not like a persons music based on what they do or dont wear.
When Common was in his Mismatched - Badu -Thrift shop phase I thought he looked ....Well (if I dont have anything nice to say..) point is.....Electric Circus AMAZING.
A few months ago Buff & I were speaking on the phone about his new album, some 14Kt Beats, Finale, Rawkus, Pac DIV, U-N-I, And Street Wear......
but Jamal Bufford is not really a fan of the whole "Streetwear" phenomeom. However, I on the other hand Embrace it whole heartedly. Now Buff always was a Fly Gear rocking Rico Suave Super emcee.... Back when The AML crew was Rocking Sweats and Kicks.... =)
I love alot of the styles now, but I understand Buff and why he doesn't feel the Bright Colors, 80's retro, 90's throwback ish..... Is That Hipster?.... Hahaha. The one thing that Buff & I can point out, Pull out, and for the love of god, Do without...Is the Super tight pants on men. Haha
It's perfectly fine to wear normal pants that fit properly, but these skinny tight pants..... oh man... Im spending way to much time on this......So I guess Everything I mentioned was Clothes when trying to depict "Hipster"... Does anyone know any particular Music traits of A so called "HIPSTER". Cus I dont.
COMING EARLY 2009
- Dutchmassive - "SHUFFLE STEP" (feat. Buff1 & Finale) - Produced by SAMIYAM
- Dutchmassive - "BETTER MAN" PART 2 (feat. Buff1 & ???????) - Produced by M-PHAZES
Hipster (contemporary subculture)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In the late 1990s and during the 2000s, the 1940s slang term hipster was used to describe young, urban middle class and upper class adults with interests in non-mainstream fashion and culture, particularly alternative music, independent rock, independent film, magazines like ViceClash and websites like Pitchfork Media, and organic, vegan, or locally-grown food. In some contexts, hipsters are also referred to as scenesters. and
It is difficult to give a precise definition of a hipster, because hipster culture is a "mutating, trans-Atlantic melting pot of styles, tastes and behavior[s]." One commentator argues that "hipsterism fetishizes the authentic" elements of all of the "fringe movements of the postwar era—Beat, hippie, punk, even grunge," and draws on the "cultural stores of every unmelted ethnicity" and "gay style", and "regurgitates it with a winking inauthenticity" and a sense of irony
WIKIPEDIA DEFINITION CLICK HERE
BONUS DOWNLOAD....... THE HOBBYSHOP HERO is FOR THE PEOPLE =)
We go the EXTRA for the Readers and the Artists, musicians, people, things, places, that we are posting about. =) Particularly YOU!
Please Visit Graffiti's Webpage and Enjoy this Extra mix.
[ CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD ]