Would you like to help us Spread Culture & Good Music?



DUTCHMASSIVE%20%7C%20THE%20HOBBYSHOP%20HERO
Quantcast

March 20, 2008

SAMIYAM (unreleased beats for sale)


Ann Arbor's latest prodigal son and lover of sprinkles on doughnuts, takes the legacy of all Detroit's talented musical sons and daughters and makes Hip Hop beats filled with snippets of Soul, Funk, 70's Italian horror flick soundtracks, Nintendo bonus level music, and 90's Hip Hop. Somehow, with this much content, the beats still manAge: to sound gloriously minimal and disjointed. Fans like Benji B, Andrew Meza and XLR8R have been eAge:rly snapping up his tracks, as Sam freeze frames Electro energy and spits it back out as twisted future Jazz. Dabrye is a fan, Daedalus describes him as "a thrilling sound to break the sameness," and Flying Lotus is his brother in arms (they collaborate on the project FLYamSAM).

Age:
23

City:
Ann Arbor, MI

How long have you been making music & why did you start?
I've been making music for about 5 years. I started because I just decided to do it one day. I used to listen to music and wondered how people made beats, so I decided to find out.

Describe your style:
Hip hop. It's kind of all over the place. I sample stuff and make my own synth sounds. It's hard to sum it up.

Favourite piece of equipment?
My favorite piece of equipment is currently the sp303. I do everything on it. It's a great machine.

Musical hero?
J Dilla is my Musical hero?. I've just never heard anything by him that I didn't like.

2007 personal highlight?
In February I went to Amsterdam. It was my first time in Europe and it was beautiful. I definitely want to go back there and see more of Europe also.

What do you want to achieve in 2008?
I want to get more of my music out in 2008. I plan on doing some solo stuff and working with a few people.

Favourite RBMA experience?
I don't know if I can narrow it down to one favorite experience. The whole thing was so crazy. It was just great to be surrounded by so many creative people for two weeks.

Key personal productions?
Right now my only releases are FLYamSAM's "Green Tea Power" on Rush Hour's Beat Dimensions comp and "Donut with Sprinkles" on Fat City:'s Producer1 comp.

What do you want the world to know about you?
You'll never get bad syrup on your pancakes in muthufuckin Toronoto.

Essential fashion tip?
Make sure you flip up the collar on your pink polo shirt.


http://www.myspace.com/flyamsam

Flying Lotus & Samiyam alongside with Female Vocalist Ahu = Dolly.
I think its just FLY & AHU, but SAM was on the track I heard and it was GREAT!!!! (roberta FLACK?) anywho! check it (http://www.myspace.com/ahudolly)


Ok ok Sam is for a short time selling a side project of Unreleased beats to pay the bills hahaha each cd has completely custom and different covers cut from magazines and altered like the braincells of this weeded and dusty Genious.... So Click on the Cover Below and tell him the Hobbyshop HERO sent you!!!!!

(click the above picture to be Directed to Paypal!!!!)


SAMIYAM is one of the Main producers on the next few Dutchmassive Albums, There are about 9 tracks from SAM that will be divided between the HERO's Releases....
IM pretty freaking Excited and you should be too!

HEY YOU! LOOK! CLICK ON THAT "OLDER POSTS" LINK ABOVE! ^

HEY YOU! LOOK! CLICK ON THAT "OLDER POSTS" LINK ABOVE!  ^
WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF RESEARCHING | REMODELING "THE HOBBYSHOP HERO" HEADQUARTERS. HOLD TIGHT! - HsH