Would you like to help us Spread Culture & Good Music?



DUTCHMASSIVE%20%7C%20THE%20HOBBYSHOP%20HERO
Quantcast

July 12, 2009

HsH Artist Spotlight: DJ Mark 563 / Run The Line

WORDS FROM THE HERO

There is no greater passion than the passion one has for the Music they have listened to in their youthful years. The Boom-Bap Golden Era 90's Hip Hop is my 1st love. You know? For every, and I mean Every single great or bad memory there is 9 times out of 10 A Soundtrack to that thought. I remember the 1st time I stayed up 24 hours, and spent it outside with my walkman by myself, and I remember and I can feel the goosebumps thinking back to that day.... The Sun was close to peaking out, but not quite yet, you know that time of the morning when you can tell its about to get light but its still dark, and birds are chirping..... I was walking in Circles at the basketball Court, which was just 1 goal in the corner of our apartment complex, and The Roots "Do you want more?!?" was blasting in my earphones.... The Earthquaking 808's leading you into A Jazzy Bagpipe Build up and I remember the Hair standing on end and butterflies in my stomach....The happiness I achieved at that moment is something I haven't felt in a looong time...... I can Tell you A Similar Story for each of the Classic songs, from each one of these amazing hip hop artists that Mark563 has so respectfully Drew but this post would be A short Novel if I attempted to do so.... So instead I will just let Mark's Drawing speak for themselve's and maybe you will catch A Flashback or two while gazing over the multi-colored BoomBap Era! Below is his Blog and myspace page. If i were you I would check em both .....



"I'm an English Hip Hop DJ / Record Collector / Artist living in Melbourne, Australia. I am married with a 3 month old daughter, Marley (named after Marley Marl, not Bob Marley).
I got into Hip Hop in the mid to late 80s and soon became an obsessed addict. After building a reasonable collection of vinyl, I took the next logical step into the world of DJing, while at Art school (I was studying Graphic Design)." - Mark 563


"I slowly built a rep for myself on the Mix-Tape scene which lead to a weekly spot on London's only Hip Hop radio station of the time, Itch FM, where for a couple of years I ran the Run the Line show, showcasing the current best independent Hip Hop. For my final year at the station I merged radio shows with my homeboy Ghost (Breakin bread), and together we presented and DJ'd the weekly 2 hour show, the Midweek Session. On top of the radio and mix-tape work, I traveled the country as a club DJ and worked weekends behind the counter of London's finest Hip Hop record shop, Mr Bongo (RIP)." - Mark 563


"After falling in love with an Australian girl, I moved downunder in late 2005 where I have continued to pursue my DJing, travelling the majority of Australia and supporting most of the local acts as well as internationals such as J-Live, Souls Of Mischief, EPMD, Arrested Development, etc." - Mark 563

"I'd always been a keen artist. I was a minor league graf writer for some years, but much more dedicated to sketching and documenting it than actually actively writing - I reasoned I would rather be at home in a warm bed with my girl than out painting at 1 AM on a cold wet London night. I foolishly studied Graphic Design at art school when I probably should have been studying illustration, so have spent the past decade as a 9-5 designer, but have kept my hand in the illustration field with my sketches." - Mark 563


"Ultimately, I'm a complete nerd - I have always been so geeked out by Hip Hop, that it's a passion that some might consider unhealthy. That's why it's the focus for my artwork. I just draw and paint shit I'm interested in." - Mark 563

TOP 2 BOTTOM: SLICK RICK / TUPAC / THE RZA (Wu-Tang) / REDMAN / O.D.B. (Wu-Tang) / METHOD MAN (Wu-Tang) / KRS-ONE / JAY Z / ICE CUBE / GHOSTFACE (Wu-Tang) / BIZ MARKIE / BIGGIE SMALLS

TOP 2 BOTTOM: SLICK RICK / TUPAC / THE RZA (Wu-Tang) / REDMAN / O.D.B. (Wu-Tang) / METHOD MAN (Wu-Tang) / KRS-ONE / JAY Z / ICE CUBE / GHOSTFACE (Wu-Tang) / BIZ MARKIE / BIGGIE SMALLS
___________________________________________


HEY YOU! LOOK! CLICK ON THAT "OLDER POSTS" LINK ABOVE! ^

HEY YOU! LOOK! CLICK ON THAT "OLDER POSTS" LINK ABOVE!  ^
WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF RESEARCHING | REMODELING "THE HOBBYSHOP HERO" HEADQUARTERS. HOLD TIGHT! - HsH