Would you like to help us Spread Culture & Good Music?



DUTCHMASSIVE%20%7C%20THE%20HOBBYSHOP%20HERO
Quantcast

June 15, 2009

J-Ramm / Kolon Productions / Nutsons / Clark F - PRODUCED IN NORWAY (feat - Frank N Dank, illa J, Leaf Erikson, Baatin, Shawn Jackson, etc)

This is the first release in the "Produced in Norway" series on Plastic Strip Press, a new series showcasing talent from the Norwegian music scene on quality vinyl and digipack CD format.

J-RAMM // KOLON PRODUCTIONS // NUTSONS // CLARK F

LISTEN to the OFFICIAL SNIPPETS!


This release features four different up and coming producers from the Norwegian hip-hop scene

  • J-Ramm (Jørgen Ramm)
  • Kolon Productions (Intact & FLG /Erik Norderval og Joakim Martinussen)
  • Nutsons (Erlend & Haakon Mjømen Knudsen)
  • Clark F (Marius Haugan)

They all have in common (with Nutsons as an exception) that they are part of a new generation of Norwegian beat producers that has grown up on the music of Jay Dee & Madlib and the sound from Detroit and Los Angeles - compared to the earlier beat makers in Norway, more influenced by New York producers like DJ Premier, Pete Rock and Large Professor.

Many of the producers have worked tightly with foreign artists, either living abroad or hooking up through MySpace and this album showcases some of the collaborations with American, Swedish and English names such as Frank N Dank, Baatin (of Slum Village) Shawn Jackson, Leaf Erikson, Johnny 5, Organism 12 Niamh Mc Cartney and Illa J.
Also some of the best Norwegian rap acts are featured such as Loys Doy, Onkl P & Jaa9, Budbringer, Follo Pluss, RSP, Freakshow and Toby Tones.
_______________________________________

About the artists:
_______________________________________


J-RAMM

J-RAMM (the artist formerly known as J-Rose) is a rapper/producer hailing from Tønsberg, Norway. He has been producing beats for 5 years for various artists such as Dudley Perkins, MED, Frank N Dank, Shawn Jackson, Phat Kat and various Norwegian artists. He is an official member of the rap collective Ville Vestfold.

More info:
www.myspace.com/jramm99

_______________________________________

Kolon Productions (FLG & Intact)
Kolon Productions consists of the two beat junkies FLG & Intact who has been producing and DJ`ing since 1999, when they sold their soul to the drum machine. They have worked with various artists such as Super Smash Bros, Slum Village, Leaf Erikson, Dutchmassive, Main, Freakshow and more.

More info: www.myspace.com/kolonprod

_______________________________________

Nutsons
Nutsons are two legendary brothers hailing from Oslo, Norway. They have been active as DJ`s, record collectors and producers on the scene in Norway for more than 15 years and have been DJs for everything from Dirty Oppland to URO. They released their first and only release, the Sleaze Cheesebourg EP in 2002 to critical acclaim.

More info: www.myspace.com/nutsons

_______________________________________

Clark F
Clark F hailing from Tønsberg, Norway have been producing beats for more than ten years for various people such as Green Lantern, Dorthe Skappel (!!), Nils M Skills, Evig Poesi. He is an official member of the collective Ville V.

More info: www.myspace.com/clarkf

_______________________________________


About the Produced in Norway series: For the last years the number of releases of quality Norwegian hip-hop and experimental music on CD and vinyl has declined, even though there are more talented rappers and producers than ever before. Digital technology has allowed new artists to merely MP3 their tracks, after they are removed from the MySpace playlist, most of the music disappears. The Produced in Norway series tries to document the vast landscape of music laying on dusty harddisks all around the country.

Go to www.plasticstrip.no for more info, soundclips, coverart and how to get this release.

_______________________________________


WORDS FROM THE HERO
You have Absolutely no IDEA how exciting this is for me and how proud I am to be able to finally post this project up! Tho the project is kinda like A double edge sword for me, my love for my friends and fam completely out weights my desire for exclusive rights or being the 1st to release something. It all started back in 2005 when my good friend and Fam LEAF ERIKSON (DETROIT heavyweight) put me onto my current favorite beatmaker of all time .....
INTACT! of (KOLON PRODUCTIONS)...


I met Intact during the time I was starting to record DISC 2 of the highly anticipated (never released) album MUSIC 2 SLEEP TO. I was lucky enough to get about 7 tracks from Intact which are doper than your favorite Producers best Battle Beats. Among those tracks is the 1st single off the RE:release of Crush Your System - "THOUGHT" produced by INTACT b/w "Shuffle Step" (feat. Buff1 & Finale) produced by Samiyam which will be released as a Limited Edition Seven Inch.
Now, between the time we met and now, There were a few Roadblocks and changes made (1 of them being the Rawkus 50 project which derailed my plans for Music 2 Sleep To disc 2) I later Recorded an Album with ALL INTACT Production and Titled it QUIT WORK MAKE MUSIC and then as Im sure most of you know.... my Macbook Crashed and I lost everything I had done the past 2 and a half years. What people do not know about the situation is by loosing my MACBOOK I also lost all of the stuff I had on my external Hard drive which was bounced to the macbook the 2 or 3 months before the Crash during my attempt to remove Windows Parrallels and Install Logic Studio Pro (LONG STORY).......

To make a long story short, Domination Recordings is re:RELEASING a REVAMPED version of my Rawkus release "CRUSH YOUR SYSTEM" which will feature the Single mentioned above plus a few other Bangers I have managed to keep from everyones ears and inboxes (which is hard being I Love to share my music as I make it). On top of CRUSH YOUR SYSTEM (The Physical Version) I will be releasing my new (major) album in the FALL which will feature 7 joints from INTACT that will make heads explode!!!! of those, will include "THOUGHT" (version 2 featuring LEAF ERIKSON) & "GROW" (version 2 featuring LEAF ERIKSON, BAATIN & WILL WIDDOSS) - The album will also feature production from DAVID LUKE, SOTU the TRAVELER, KOEN of BLOCNOTES, IllMIND, SAMIYAM, M-phazes, CROUP, MARVELOUS & ASTRONOTE + more. Only thing that is not for Certain yet is if this release will be titled "QUIT WORK MAKE MUSIC" or "THE NEXT FINAL FANTASY" either way it is my best work to date and my most personal and precious work, Ive been working on this project since 2004 and have Held off on releasing it for a number of releases (which I know producers hate) but I played my cards smart and I will win with the hand I have in the end thanks to my and everyone I worked with's patience.....

So it is A wonderful feeling that INTACT and FLG along with so many more Talented Producers are Finally about to get some shine!!!!! so Go ahead and check the snippets in the YOUTUBE video Below and Check all the myspace LINKS and purchase this ALBUM!!!!!! it is AMAZING

HsH

HEY YOU! LOOK! CLICK ON THAT "OLDER POSTS" LINK ABOVE! ^

HEY YOU! LOOK! CLICK ON THAT "OLDER POSTS" LINK ABOVE!  ^
WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF RESEARCHING | REMODELING "THE HOBBYSHOP HERO" HEADQUARTERS. HOLD TIGHT! - HsH